Wednesday, December 23, 2009

"What moves me..." PART 1

Not long ago, I was asked to offer some tips on staying motivated through this lifestyle that is the fit and well life. My very first response was GOALS! You gotta have a goal if you want anything in your life to change. I think setting goals is the obvious first suggestion that motivational experts default to--and justifiably so. It WORKS!! However, I'll save that sentiment for another blog.

I realized that the best tip (while not new by any stretch) I could possibly offer was the one that I most often followed myself--submit yourself to the music.

Let music MOVE you.

I meant this not only as a physical means of motivation, but also an emotional, mental and spiritual one. Naturally, if you're looking to be physically motivated, there is music that is so very good at getting you there. Now, I'm a rock and roll gal all the way, but there are some majorly awesome dance tunes that stir me and get me moving--as well as other genres of music. IT'S ALL FAIR GAME! Some music is ideal for running or walking; some dancing; some just jumping and being a total spaz. I will mention that a lot of these songs are ones that were on my Boston Marathon Training Playlist...so they're ideal to run at varying paces. And don't laugh! I love every single one of these songs...even if they date me a little bit!

RAWK MUSIC THAT MOVES ME --(in no particular order)-- PHYSICALLY
  1. "Skeptics and True Believers" --The Academy Is...
  2. "Holiday/Boulevard of Broken Dreams" --Green Day
  3. "Packt Like Sardines..." --Radiohead
  4. "The Procession" --The Dear Hunter
  5. "Muse" --Hysteria
  6. "I'm Your Destiny" --Edna's Goldfish
  7. "Atomic" --Blondie
  8. "Dancing with Myself" --Billy Idol
  9. "Sweetness" --Jimmy Eat World
  10. "You Don't Wanna" --Tricky (This song transcends genre!!)
  11. "Song 2" --Blur
  12. "Can't Wait One Minute More" --Civ
  13. "Coffee Mug" --Descendents
  14. "Love Like Winter" --AFI
  15. "Swagger" --Flogging Molly
  16. "Sound System" --Operation Ivy
  17. "And it Rained All Night" --Thom Yorke
  18. "Eye of the Tiger" --Survivor
  19. "I Ran" --Flock of Seagulls
  20. "Mass Pike" --Get Up Kids
  21. "Frustrated Unnoticed" --Damone
  22. "Neighborhood #3" --The Arcade Fire
  23. "Such Great Heights" --The Postal Service
  24. "True Believers" --The Bouncing Souls
  25. "C'Mon, C'Mon" --The Von Bondies
  26. "I'm Walking on Sunshine" --Katrina and the Waves
  27. "She is Beautiful" --Andrew W.K.
  28. "15 Steps" --Radiohead
  29. "Bad Reputation" --Joan Jett
  30. "Jane" --The Loved Ones
  31. "Love Type Thing" --Tegan & Sara
  32. "Dr. D" --The Mighty Mighty Bosstones
  33. "Out Here All Night" --Damone
  34. "Looking for a Song" --Big Audio Dynamite
  35. "Linoleum" --NOFX
  36. "Dogs and Chaplains" --The Mighty Mighty Bosstones
  37. "Roots, Radicals" --Rancid
  38. "Upward Grind" --Avail
  39. .............

OK, you get the picture. This is just a flavor of what I mean.......put on your favorite tunes and

M O V E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




<3





No comments:

Post a Comment