Thursday, December 10, 2009

One of the most PHENOMENAL weekends of my life!

December 5 & 6 marked a rather huge turning point in my journey to becoming a fitness instructor. I attended a training called "All Star Presenter Camp." The idea is to allow fitness instructors of any and all formats the opportunity to improve on their presentation, teaching, motivation, etc. for their classes. There is nothing like this training anywhere else in the fitness world. Even though I am not yet an instructor and have never taught a fitness class before, I thought taking this class would give me, if nothing
else, a sense of the expectation--not only from potential students, but also from people within the industry.


It was an incredible eye-opening experience. I got to teach 3 minutes of a Turbo Kick class--wearing a mic and everything! I learned SO many skills that I think I would not have otherwise known were important aspects of teaching a group fitness class.



The coolest part?!?! I made friends from around New England and the Mid-Atlantic states who I know I can count on for encouragement and support. We were all coming from different walks, and that's what made every person's presence there special.

It was definitely the most phenomenal weekend of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment