Monday, November 30, 2009

The Conclusion to....My life as a Turbo addict

Conclusion: To understand how my Turbo addiction came about, I must first take you back a few years...

Some time in 2008--I think it was April--I remember the day clearly....just...not the exact date :-)

The couch in my living room was/is a sofa bed. I had actually pulled out the sofa bed to watch TV one morning because, well, I'm beyond lazy. Maybe? I was literally channel surfing. Which, was so unlike me, really.

This is the moment when I mention to my readers that I very much believe in God's Divine Hand in my life. I don't think I was channel surfing on accident. I don't think that this infomercial (who watches infomercials?!?!?!) came on coincidentally. I think this is what God had in mind for me all along...the decision was easy...as if it was already made. :-)

Returning to my story...

I also happen to have my laptop handy whilst lounging on a full size sofa bed in front of the TV, watching nothing in particular.

And there it was... an infomercial for a home-based workout program called Turbo Jam. It was produced and released by the same group as my first fitness hero, Kathy Smith. So that alone was enough reason to continue watching.

This was the start of something beautiful. Chelene Johnson, creator of Turbo Jam(R), had me beyond captivated. It was the first time that, in my opinion, an infomercial actually had valuable information.

So I immediately went to the website and ordered the Maximum Results collection. I even upgraded to priority shipping! I wanted to transform my body and my life that instant.

Now, while my story is probably like so many who watched that infomercial that day. I can only speak for myself when I say that I truly remember thinking that "this was it." I knew that this was the door that I was to open to begin changing my life for the better.

And you could tell almost immediately that something had changed in me. Even though my physical composition was yet to transform, I had a joyfulness in my spirit that I hadn't had since college. I had a sense of hope again.

Me and my friend, Mai, in the Summer of 2008


Dancin' makes me tired. :-)












To hear about the rest of my TRANSFORMATION STORY, visit my Team Beachbody Profile. It will take you through my start with Turbo Jam and describe the struggles I had with a meal plan. My hope is the post that here soon, but for now, follow me there.

No comments:

Post a Comment